FounderLY is an open source new media project that enables startup founders to promote themselves and their businesses through short form interviews (15 min length) conducted by its community of founders. FounderLY creates short documentary style films of founder interviews and publishes them in an open source format where anyone can freely download and distribute the content under a creative commons license. Our website is entirely press friendly. Bloggers and journalists are free to download and distribute FounderLY content so long as attribution is given to FounderLY. Our vision is to be the largest of online library of founder stories.
- Share your favorite founder story! If you like something, let people know via Twitter, Facebook, Hacker News, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Technorati, Delicious, Google Buzz, or just send an email. The share buttons under each video make it easy: Your social network is only one click away.
- Join the conversation. Add your own studied thoughts to the comments on FounderLY.com. FounderLY stories are intended to spark ideas and conversations. Help us by starting a discussion here or on your favorite social network.
- Startup founders may contribute to our community. Any startup founder may film a fellow founder so long as you follow the FounderLY Interview Roadmap and guidelines, and submit the video to FounderLY. FounderLY will then package it with an intro, bumper, and a closing, and publish it to our website: www.FounderLY.com.
- If you’re a teacher or lecturer, consider incorporating FounderLY stories into your lectures. Distributed under a Creative Commons license, FounderLY stories are freely available for use in the classroom — just credit the source and don’t distort the speakers’ intended meaning.
- If you have a blog or website, begin a discussion around the FounderLY that inspire you. You can embed any video using the code available on each FounderLY story page and then add your own comment or angle to start the conversation.
- Sponsors! If you’d like to see FounderLY made available to more people, you could consider a contribution to FounderLY as a sponsor. Please contact us at [email protected].
- Get in touch. If you do any of the above with exciting results, tell us about it. Others can learn from your experience. Please at [email protected] Please note: We work hard to make sure FounderLY always stands for promoting startup founders and their stories. For that reason, we ask you not to use our logo or name for your own projects without our permission.
Before you launch a fan project or suggest a conference idea to your own community, please get in touch with us at [email protected] and we’ll work with you.
Thank you for helping to promote entrepreneurship and the startup founders who make building great products and companies a reality!